Technology is changing and advancing the healthcare industry. It is allowing care to reach new levels of success. One of the ways technology is improving the industry is through telemedicine. What is telemedicine? It refers to the practice of caring for patients remotely usually by using video-conferencing tools. The provider and the patient are not physically present with each other, but care is still being given. Telemedicine allows doctors to consult with patients using technology while still providing the best care possible. Current healthcare trends are going towards telemedicine. That’s why ABS has partnered with Teladoc, an online telemedicine and virtual health care services provider. We believe telemedicine is the future. Here’s why:
Benefits of telemedicine
- Unlimited access to specialists: You can see specialists from all over the country with telemedicine. You won’t be limited to only speaking with a doctor that you can travel to. Instead, get the expert opinion of a specialist from wherever you are.
- Don’t waste PTO days: You can video chat your doctor, even in your office at work. Just make sure you have complete privacy there. This will allow you to save your PTO days for other things instead of using them for a doctor’s appointment.
- Eliminate child or elder care concerns: Some people have to care for children or elders. If you choose a telemedicine option, then you won’t have to find replacement care for them while you’re at the doctor.
- Less time in a waiting room: Don’t worry about spending hours and hours in a waiting room. With telemedicine, you can wait in the comfort of your own home for the scheduled time with your doctor.
- Less exposure to other illnesses: When you go to a hospital, you are exposing yourself to other illnesses that patients there may have. You can lessen your exposure by using telemedicine to see your doctor.
Why ABS chose Teladoc
Teladoc is one of the leading providers of telemedicine. Through our partnership with them, we hope to be able to offer our clients the best telemedicine options available. Teladoc specializes in 24/7 access to U.S.-licensed doctors. They can help you get quality care from wherever you are.
Want to get care that is convenient and easy? Learn more about how you can utilize the telemedicine services with Teladoc.Increasing retention rates among your employees